Information provided by MyCarCheck
This mycarcheck Service ("the Service") is operated by CDL Vehicle Information Services Limited ("CDLVIS") whose registered office address is 1 George Square, Castle Brae, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 8QF. By activating a request to use the Service ("Service Request"), or receiving a response from the Service, whether originally requested by yourself or someone else you acknowledge that you ("the Customer") accept these Terms and Conditions.
Full list of terms and conditions can be found here - https://www.mycarcheck.com/legal/website-terms-and-conditions
Conditions of use
- The Customer must be the owner or legitimate user of the Mobile Phone.
- If the Customer is not the mobile phone bill payer, the Customer must get permission from the bill payer before using the Service.
- The Customer must not use the service fraudulently or in connection with any criminal offence.
- The Customer must not use the service to send any material which is obscene, menacing, defamatory, abusive, offensive or in breach of any person’s rights.
- The Customer must not use the service to send unsolicited promotional material or spam.
- The Customer acknowledges that the accuracy, quality and completeness of the Service data may depend on the mobile phone on which the message is received. It is the Customer’s responsibility to check that all requests to the Service are handled satisfactorily on the receiving mobile phone. All requests regardless of result will constitute a successful use of the Service and the Customer will be charged for all Service Requests.
- The Customer acknowledges that the accuracy, timeliness, quality and completeness of the Service data may depend on the information supplied by Data Providers. The Customer agrees to indemnify CDLVIS, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, and employees, from any claim or demand, made by the Customer or any third party due to or arising out of data content CDLVIS transmits from the Service.
- The Customer acknowledges that in addition to the Service Charge, the Customer may be charged a standard operator network charge for any messages sent or data received as part of the Service Request. These costs will normally be charged to the Customers mobile phone bill if a contract account, or will normally be deducted from a calling credit if a pre-paid account.
- The Customer acknowledges that submission of incorrect Service Requests will still incur a Service Charge. The Customer will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The Customer shall be solely responsible for the data content of any message, which CDLVIS receives, transmits or processes on the Customer’s behalf or on behalf of any third party associated with the Customer. The Customer agrees to indemnify CDLVIS, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, and employees, from any claim or demand, made by any third party due to or arising out of data content the Customer transmits to the Service.
- The Customer acknowledges that, by definition, access to the mobile cellular network and other communication networks and media is associated with risks including but not limited to authentication, data security, privacy, availability of services, up-todate information and reliability of transmission. The Customer agrees to bear full and exclusive responsibility arising from such risks and consequences of the usage of the Service.
- The Customer acknowledges that the Mobile Phone Number used to access the Service, may be used by CDLVIS to aid the Police in the case of STOLEN vehicle checks to do a location lookup on the mobile phone to find out which area the Customers is in at the time.
This Agreement and the performance of all obligations hereunder shall be governed according to English law and the parties hereto hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.